Eagles QB sued for assault at Dallas strip club
Vince Young (9) of the Philadelphia Eagles throws a interception as he is tackled by LaRon Landry (30) of the Washington Redskins at FedExField on October 16, 2011 in Landover, Maryland. / Photo by Patrick McDermott/Getty Images
DALLAS - Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Vince Young is being sued by a Dallas strip club manager he allegedly punched in the face last year.
Creiton Kinchen claims in a lawsuit filed in a Dallas court Tuesday that the 28-year-old Houston native and former University of Texas star hit him "suddenly and without provocation" at the club.
Kinchen, a manager at Club Onyx in Dallas, says he refused to convert $8,000 off Young's credit card into single dollar bills for tip money.
Kinchen says Young was drunk at the time of the June 12, 2010, scuffle. Young was cited for misdemeanor assault. He has said that he was provoked and "made a mistake even being there."
Tom Condon, Young's agent, could not immediately be reached Wednesday for comment.
Popular in Sports
- Upset at the Preakness Stakes
- Golf champion and CBS analyst Ken Venturi dies
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Phil Ivey skips World Series of Poker in protest
- Iran and U.S. wrestling teams meet in NYC
- Indiana Pacers part ways with Larry Bird
- Warrant issued for former NFL player Chad Johnson
- Sheriff: Ex-NASCAR driver Dick Trickle dead at 71