McCain, Manchin, McChrystal on "Face the Nation"
Sunday: Battles at home and abroad -- the upcoming Senate confirmation battles over President Barack Obama's nominations of Chuck Hagel to lead the Defense Department, John Brennan to lead the CIA and Jack Lew for Treasury Secretary with Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., and Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.V.
Plus: A look back and a look ahead at the War in Afghanistan with Gen. Stanley McChrystal, whose new biography, "My Share of the Task" has Washington talking.
Plus, Democratic Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, a member of New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg's Campaign, Mayors Against Illegal Guns about the initiative and what he thinks the White House can get done in regards to gun control.
Plus, a panel discusses all of that and more: John Dickerson, CBS News Political Director, The Washington Post's Rajiv Chandrasekaran and Cook Political Report's Amy Walter.
- Bob Schieffer on "dumb and dumber" in Washington
- AP president blasts "unconstitutional" phone records probe
- May 19: Pfeiffer, Cornyn, Chaffetz & Pruitt
- Schieffer: "Welcome to dumb and dumber" in Washington
- Face the Nation transcripts May 19, 2013: Pfeiffer, Cornyn, Chaffetz & Pruitt
- Adviser on White House scandals: "Partisan fishing expeditions" won't distract Obama
- Gates knocks "cartoonish" Benghazi criticism
- Maya Angelou recalls her childhood on Mother's Day
- Obama cultivating "culture of cover-ups and intimidation," Cornyn says
- Noonan: Petraeus resignation "mysterious"
- Official: We knew Benghazi was a terrorist attack "from the get-go"
- Face In the News: Pfeiffer defends Obama administration
- Attkisson discusses "allegations of a coverup" on Benghazi
- Have recent controversies "paralyzed" Washington?
- Face the facts: A fact check on gas prices
- May 5: Issa, Rogers, Ruppersberger & sports