"Face the Nation" transcript May 13: Same-sex marriage, bomb plot leak, Mother's Day panel
Back in a minute.
BOB SCHIEFFER: Some of you will be leaving us now, but for most of you we'll be back with page two and the latest on the new terror bomb plot with the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee.
Plus, a discussion of Mother's Day and women voters and a controversial magazine cover.
BOB SCHIEFFER: And we're back now with the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, Mike Rogers. Mister Chairman, it's being reported in the paper today there were two more U.S. drone strikes in Yemen that may have killed eleven suspected al Qaeda militants. Can you tell us anything about that?
REPRESENTATIVE MIKE ROGERS (Intelligence Committee Chairman/R-Michigan): Well, we-- we can't talk about specific operational details or how it's accomplished, but good news is we didn't find Yemen last week. We have been well on to Yemen for some time, building the capacity so that we could take necessary steps when they present themselves through intelligence gathering to bring folks to justice--
BOB SCHIEFFER (voice overlapping): So-- so you can at least con-- confirm that the strike took place and that U.S. drones were part of it?
REPRESENTATIVE MIKE ROGERS: Can't talk about the type of operation, but there may have been air strikes that have been successful.
BOB SCHIEFFER: All right. I-- I want to ask you about this whole deal about this double agent--
- AP president blasts "unconstitutional" phone records probe
- Schieffer: "Welcome to dumb and dumber" in Washington
- Bob Schieffer on "dumb and dumber" in Washington
- Adviser on White House scandals: "Partisan fishing expeditions" won't distract Obama
- Face the Nation transcripts May 19, 2013: Pfeiffer, Cornyn, Chaffetz & Pruitt
- May 19: Pfeiffer, Cornyn, Chaffetz & Pruitt
- Gates knocks "cartoonish" Benghazi criticism
- Maya Angelou recalls her childhood on Mother's Day
- Face the facts: A fact check on gas prices
- Official: We knew Benghazi was a terrorist attack "from the get-go"
- Obama cultivating "culture of cover-ups and intimidation," Cornyn says
- Watergate: "A scandal that brought down the president"
- Ex-ambassador: U.S., Iran at war in 2013
- Pruitt: Justice Department's seizure of AP phone records "unconstitutional"
- Have recent controversies "paralyzed" Washington?
- Face In the News: Pfeiffer defends Obama administration