Schieffer to host Google Hangout on Thursday
At 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 5 go to Face the Nation's Google+ Page for the inaugural Face the Nation Google+ Hangout On Air.
Bob Schieffer will sit down with Jason Illian, founder of GodTube and current CEO of Rethink Books, Bobby Gruenewald, Innovation Leader at LifeChurch.TV, Rabbis Laura Baum and Robert Barr of OurJewishCommunity.org and Sarah Pulliam Bailey, the online editor at Christianity Today and a contributor to GetReligion.org.
They'll talk about the intersection of faith and the Internet. How does social media affect their own faith? How does it change how they interact with their faith community? What unique challenges come from having a virtual faith community, and what are the benefits?
This is the first in a series of Google+ Hangouts that "Face the Nation" will host in a groundbreaking new partnership between CBS News and Google as a way to expand the discussion of "Face the Nation" past Sunday and into the week - and onto the internet. The Hangout will take place online on the Face the Nation Google+ page, and you can watch the whole discussion there. On Easter Sunday, tune into "Face the Nation" to see highlights from the talk.
President Barack Obama, and GOP presidential candidates Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich have recently hosted hangouts as a way to talk to voters about the issues. Bob hopes his Hangouts will make as much news as theirs did. But while Obama, Romney and Gingrich have mainly answered questions asked by Hangout participants, Bob will really just be leading the conversation between the participants - much like he does during roundtables on Sunday mornings.
- Bob Schieffer: Edward Snowden is no hero
- Obama doesn't think NSA violated Americans' privacy, WH says
- Face the Nation transcripts May 19, 2013: Pfeiffer, Cornyn, Chaffetz & Pruitt
- June 16: McDonough, Rogers & more
- Face the Nation transcripts June 16, 2013: McDonough and Rogers on NSA surveillance
- NSA surveillance: Is there adequate oversight?
- Roberts switched views to uphold health care law
- Congress not yet likely to approve Syrian arms aid, Rogers says
- Ayotte announces key support for Senate immigration bill
- Schieffer to Snowden: Come home, face the consequences
- AP president blasts "unconstitutional" phone records probe
- Face In the News: Denis McDonough defends NSA
- June 2: Fallin, McCain, Reed, Abramson & Woodward
- Rep. Cummings: Proof clears WH of IRS targeting scandal
- Military sex assault "culture" needs new laws to change, lawmakers say
- Obama-Xi meeting most important since Nixon and Mao?