Warren Buffett's company discloses new investments
Berkshire Hathaway CEO Warren Buffett / Alex Wong/Getty Images
Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) filed the update on its U.S. stock portfolio as of the end of 2012 with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Thursday.
- Berkshire Hathaway among Heinz buyers
- Buffett's company buys ResCap loan portfolio
- Buffett: U.S. banks won't cause problem for economy
Berkshire says it held nearly 6 million ADM shares and 3.7 million Verisign shares at the end of the year. Those were the newest additions to Berkshire's $75.3 billion U.S. portfolio.
Many investors try to copy Buffett's moves. But this report doesn't distinguish between Buffett's stock picks and those made by the company's two other investment managers.
Popular on MoneyWatch
- Amy's Baking Company: Post-meltdown PR campaign
- How to stop the mediocrity pandemic
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- 4 Things Not to Buy at Costco
- Top 10 professional life coaching myths
- 5 Things You Should Buy at Costco
- 12 great college graduation gift ideas
- Powerball: What to do if you won