Chevron sees higher profit
Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
SAN RAMON, Calif. Chevron (CVX) expects fourth-quarter earnings to be "notably higher" than third-quarter profit.
The company said Thursday that its fourth-quarter results will be helped by bigger gains on asset sales and more oil and gas production.
- Lower production, prices hurt Chevron profit
- Chevron expects earnings to be "substantially lower"
- Exxon: U.S. by 2025 will be net exporter of oil and gas
Chevron is America's second-biggest oil company, and it earned $5.25 billion, or $2.69 per share, in the third quarter.
Analysts expect the company to report earnings of $3.03 per share when it posts fourth-quarter results on Feb. 1.
Popular on MoneyWatch
- How to stop the mediocrity pandemic
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- Apple's Cook says company doesn't use "tax gimmicks"
- Top five 529 college plans
- LinkedIn: 3 tips for building a better profile
- Top 10 professional life coaching myths
- Amy's Baking Company: Post-meltdown PR campaign
- How to organize your job hunt