Obama shoos away an uninvited visitor
An uninvited White House guest today got a surprise shout-out from President Obama.
As he announced his nomination of former federal prosecutor Mary Jo White to chair the Securities and Exchange Commission, the president was upstaged by a determined housefly careening about the podium. Pausing his commendation, Mr. Obama took a few swats and carped, "This guy's bothering me here." The fly voyaged elsewhere.
Past intruders haven't been so lucky. In 2009, the president, during a CNBC interview, stopped in the middle of an answer and pulled a "karate kid" with a fly that was trying to steal the spotlight, crushing it against the back of his hand.
Popular in Politics
- Obama forgets to salute while boarding Marine One Play Video
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen. 183 Comments
- Obama prom pictures surface 131 Comments
- Petraeus biographer regrets affair
- GOP Rep.: Obama elected because of Reagan's immigration reforms
- Pelosi ties bridge collapse to sequester
- Is President Obama ending the war on terror? 293 Comments
- Palin Image: Confident, Secure Play Video