Politics "Gangnam Style"
Federal budget guru Alan Simpson is trying to either make deficit reduction the latest trend or quickly kill the real latest trend: "Gangnam Style." In a YouTube video, the 81-year-old former Republican senator from Wyoming danced like the South Korean hip-hop artist Psy and advised younger generations to get involved in Washington's effort to reduce the deficit.
"Stop Instagraming your breakfast and tweeting your first world problems and getting on YouTube so you can see 'Gangnam Style,'" Simpson said in the video before he breaks out in the "Gangnam Style" dance. He then encourages millennials to sign a pledge sponsored by the organization The Can Kicks Back that encourages Washington politicians to reduce the deficit.
At the end of the video, Simpson has his own interpretation of the popular dance.
Simpson is not he first politician to take to YouTube "Gangnam Style". Prior to Election Day, Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., appeared with an Atlanta-based hip-hop dance group to encourage people to get out the vote.
Popular in Politics
- Obama forgets to salute while boarding Marine One Play Video
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen. 183 Comments
- Obama prom pictures surface 131 Comments
- Petraeus biographer regrets affair
- GOP Rep.: Obama elected because of Reagan's immigration reforms
- Pelosi ties bridge collapse to sequester
- Is President Obama ending the war on terror? 290 Comments
- Palin Image: Confident, Secure Play Video