Former President George H.W. Bush, "spirits high," remains in hospital
Former President George H.W. Bush, who has recently been in and out of Houston's Methodist Hospital for complications resulting from bronchitis, remains hospitalized today with no release date set.
Spokesman Jim McGrath, describing Bush's recovery, told CBS News, "Yesterday was a really good day - spirits high, aided by another solid Houston Texans win."
McGrath added, "He still has the cough, which causes him pain - so long as he has that he's not anxious to go anywhere."
Bush has been visited in the hospital by wife Barbara Bush, whom McGrath described as "constantly by his side," along with son Neil Bush, grandson Pierce Bush, and former Secretary of State Jim Baker.
The 88-year-old former president is being treated with antibiotics and steroids. This current hospital stay is Bush's second since November.
Popular in Politics
- Obama prom pictures surface
- Drones, Gitmo part of broad Obama counterterrorism speech
- IRS' Lerner: "I have not done anything wrong" 753 Comments
- House passes GOP bill to speed Keystone XL pipeline approval
- Lawmakers push to punish sexual offenders in the military
- Boehner calls out Obama administration's "arrogance of power"
- Former Miss America might challenge McConnell
- Christie: Keep politics out of Oklahoma disaster relief