Grammys: Frank Ocean is "going to be the big story"
(CBS News) On Sunday, CBS is broadcasting the 55th Annual Grammy Awards, the biggest night in music, live from The Staples Center in Los Angeles. Billboard Magazine editor Joe Levy chatted with "CBS This Morning: Saturday" about who will come home as big winners and who won't.
Levy suggests that all eyes will be on Frank Ocean. "He's got six nominations, and I think he's going to the big story," he said.
He's also Levy's pick for Best New Artist, one of the major awards at the show. "I have no question here," said Levy. "This is Frank Ocean; this is the one he should win."
The most confusing of the Grammy Awards is the difference between Record and Song of the Year. Song of the Year is for the actual writing, and Record of the Year is for the recording. Levy said to look out for Miguel Pimentel and Ed Sheeran for possible winners in the song category while Taylor Swift might walk away with the big record award.
Just as important as the award winners are the Grammys live performances. Last year, Adele made a big splash with the crowd singing her hit "Rolling in the Deep" after recovering from throat surgery. This year, Levy said he's "excited" and that the breakout performance of 2013 will be Justin Timberlake's return to the stage.
On the other side, one artist who will not be winning any awards on Sunday is Justin Beiber. "He just put his fifth album on Number One on the Billboard Charts, and there still were no nominations for him," explained Levy. "It's a little surprising."
You can catch the 55th Annual Grammy Awards Sunday night live at 8/7 Central on CBS.
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- Watch: Military Dad's emotional homecoming at home plate
- Mark Harmon: Humor and characters make "NCIS" a hit
- Watch: Deer crashes through windshield of bus
- It's OK to be "pissed at God," reverend says
- U.K. casino accuses U.S. poker champ of cheating
- Pres. asks Marines to break military umbrella rule
- Tim McGraw on aging, getting in shape and his favorite song
- Identity of mystery man in Bill Gates photo revealed
- Can Obama administration move beyond scandals?
- Russia offers more evidence in alleged CIA spy case
- Immigration reform: Lawmakers say tentative deal reached
- Jennifer Lopez talks fashion versus music
- "48 Hours" unravels the lies of Jodi Arias
- Emmy-winner Jim Parsons on his "Big Bang" success
- Vegan firefighter on his "Beef With Meat"