Prince William and Kate shine at palace party
(CBS) Prince William and Kate were on hand Monday at Buckingham Palace in London for a party hosted by Queen Elizabeth II.
The event was a reception for members of the media, marking the monarch's Diamond Jubilee, which takes place next year and celebrates her 60 years on the throne.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, both 29, met with more than 350 journalists and photographers from around the world who will be reporting on the milestone, according to the Daily Mail.
Kate wore a green, long-sleeved dress by Mulberry for the fete, which was also attended by Prince Charles, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, and Prince Philip.
The palace's East Gallery, which held displays about the queen's Gold and Silver Jubilees, was renamed the "Tweet Suite" for the evening, for reporters who wanted to post online messages about the event, the Mail reports.
The party happened a day after William took part in a search-and-rescue mission to recover Russian seamen whose cargo ship sank off the coast of north Wales. The prince co-piloted a Royal Air Force helicopter that rescued two of the men from the Irish Sea.
- Boston bombings suspect left note in boat he hid in
- Tim McGraw on aging, getting in shape and his favorite song
- Watch: Deer crashes through windshield of bus
- Mark Harmon: Humor and characters make "NCIS" a hit
- American engineer's death suicide or cyber-espionage?
- Geist: Parkinson's revelation "very difficult"
- Incurable bacteria destroying Fla. citrus industry
- Vegan firefighter on his "Beef With Meat"
- Emmy-winner Jim Parsons on his "Big Bang" success
- THE Dish: Chef Jet Tila's drunken noodles
- Identity of mystery man in Bill Gates photo revealed
- Russia offers more evidence in alleged CIA spy case
- Amy Grant on success and the inspiration for her music
- U.K. casino accuses U.S. poker champ of cheating
- What's for lunch? In Japanese schools it's always healthy
- Immigration reform: Lawmakers say tentative deal reached