Kate Middleton's wedding dress to go on display
The satin and lace gown, designed by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen, will soon be on display in the United Kingdom, a Clarence House spokesperson told Entertainment Tonight.
The Duchess of Cambridge "is considering a number of options to give members of the public the opportunity to see, close-up, the skilled British craftsmanship that went into the making of her wedding dress," the rep said.
While a display location has not been named, ET reports that Hampton Court Palace, the State Rooms at Buckingham Palace, and the Victoria and Albert Museum are all possible venues.
The dress, which was kept secret until the big day, is made of satin gazar and hand-cut English lace and French Chantilly lace.
The newlywed donned a second gown, also designed by Burton for McQueen, at a reception later that evening.
Tell us: Would you want to see Middleton's dress up close?
Kate Middleton's dress
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss