Prince William to wear military uniform for royal wedding
William, 28, will be donning the uniform of Colonel of the Irish Guards to reflect his senior honorary appointment in the Army.
His uniform features a red tunic, a forage cap, a gold and crimson sash and gold sword slings, though he will be without a sword. He will complete his look with the Garter Sash with the Wings of the Royal Air Force, the Garter Star and the Golden Jubilee Medal.
William's brother and best man, Prince Harry, will also wear military attire for the royal event. He will wear the uniform of a Captain of the Household Cavalry, known as the Blues and Royals, with a forage cap. He will also wear aiguillettes, a cross-belt and gold waist belt with sword slings, but no sword.
Meanwhile, their father, Prince Charles, will sport a Royal Navy Number One dress (a ceremonial suit), complete with a sword.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"