Royal wedding guests will be able to tweet
Wedding guests be able to tweet Friday morning at Westminster Abbey as Britain's Prince William marries Kate Middleton.
Both Scotland Yard and the Metropolitan Police have refuted reports on Yahoo.com that signal-blocking technology at Westminster Abbey will make mobile phones there inoperable. The report, picked up by bloggers worldwide, says the action is intended to keep photos and videos from leaking out and to keep ringtones from distracting from the ceremony.
However, CBS was told by Scotland Yard Wednesday night that it was not aware of any such device being installed.
Met police spokesman Eddie Townsend said Thursday morning, "The story is not true, rubbish."
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers