Watch: One-legged soccer player scores amazing goal
(CBS News) CONCORD, Mass. - His highlight reel soccer goal would have been the talk of the town anyway, but the fact that Concord-Carlisle junior Nico Calabria was born with only one leg makes it that much more amazing to watch.
AS CBS Boston reports, Calabria, who plays on crutches because he says prosthetics weigh him down, was on the field during a varsity game against Newton South on Wednesday when a corner kick came his way.
One unbelievable-to-watch scissor kick later, the ball was in the back of the goal, thanks to quite an athletic feat.
It was Calabria's first goal of the season, and his team went on to win 9-0.
Calabria has been playing soccer all his life. It's his first year on the varsity team.
Popular in Sports
- Golf champion and CBS analyst Ken Venturi dies
- Upset at the Preakness Stakes
- Iran and U.S. wrestling teams meet in NYC
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Indiana Pacers part ways with Larry Bird
- Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield meet again
- Lance Armstrong admits doping to Oprah
- Study: College athletes denied $6.2B over four years