Watch: 8-year-old steamrolls defense during TD run
(CBS News) "I had two things I could do: I could run over you, and I could put a good stiff arm on you. That was about it." - Earl Campbell
Legendary Houston Oilers running back Earl Campbell was known as a "one-man demolition team" for his punishing style of play. It looks like 8-year-old Jayden Scott may have been studying film on the former Heisman trophy winner.
In a recent youth football game, Scott takes a pitch from the quarterback and is almost immediately hit in the backfield. After leaving the would-be tackler crumpled on the turf, he races toward the sideline where no fewer than five defenders swarm him. One by one, Scott sheds the overmatched tacklers and scampers into the end zone.
Earl Campbell would surely be proud - and it's perhaps no coincidence that the NFL icon and the eight-year-old share the same jersey number.
Popular in Sports
- Bay Area hosting 50th Super Bowl
- Upset at the Preakness Stakes
- Watch: 7-foot-5 teen basketball player dominates
- Female NFL hopeful kicker injured in tryout
- Study: College athletes denied $6.2B over four years
- Golf champion and CBS analyst Ken Venturi dies
- Super Bowl ticket prices: A historical look
- NFL's Top 100 Players of All-Time: Debate