Watch: Carmelo Anthony "wax figure" comes alive
Carmelo Anthony and his injury-plagued Knicks didn't exactly scare many opposing players in the playoffs this year. But Anthony did his best to frighten unsuspecting visitors at New York City's Madame Tussauds this week when he pretended to be a wax figure of himself.
The same prank has been pulled off by countless celebrities and why not? Watching clueless tourists in Times Square get spooked is always entertaining. But the Knicks star didn't quite match the fear factor of Ozzy Osbourne, who made his own wax persona come to life at Madame Tussauds a couple years ago. In the end, a guy named Melo just can't be as terrifying as the Prince of Darkness.
Popular in Sports
- Sergio Garcia apologizes to Tiger Woods for "fried chicken" remark
- Bay Area hosting 50th Super Bowl
- Study: College athletes denied $6.2B over four years
- NFL's Top 100 Players of All-Time: Debate
- Watch: 7-foot-5 teen basketball player dominates
- Upset at the Preakness Stakes
- Ravens survive 49ers, blackout to win Super Bowl
- Super Bowl ticket prices: A historical look