Watch: Hockey coach arrested for tripping 13-year-old player
But it's a rare thing to witness a coach go after an opposing player mid-handshake - especially when that player is 13 years old.
But that's exactly what happened in a Vancouver youth hockey game on Saturday. According to the Canadian Press, a coach was arrested and faces a police investigation for tripping a 13-year-old boy on the opposing team during the handshake line. As you can see in the video above, the unnamed coach seems to be seeking out the kid - and even points at the boy after putting him on the ice.
Police said that the boy suffered minor injuries to his forearm and wrists when he braced himself from hitting the ice.
"It was an incident that was unfortunate," Sergeant Paulena Gidda said, "and it doesn't bring a great light to our community."
One can only wonder if any upset parents confronted the coach - like the incensed hockey mom who stormed the ice last week in Boston.
Popular in Sports
- Indiana Pacers part ways with Larry Bird
- Home of Nuggets' Andersen searched, items seized
- "Egyptian Popeye" says 31-inch arms all-natural
- NFL's Top 100 Players of All-Time: Debate
- New bikini rules for Olympic beach volleyball
- Lance Armstrong sells Texas estate for millions
- Watch: 7-foot-5 teen basketball player dominates
- Phelps goes out in style, rallying in 100 fly