NFL rookie: I dodged traffic ticket by telling cop I play for Raiders
Boasting about escaping a traffic ticket does not fall into this category.
But once again an NFL player has taken to Twitter to gloat about getting preferential treatment by a cop. This time it was the Oakland rookie defensive lineman Christo Bilukidi who tweeted Sunday that he avoided a $428 traffic ticket for running a red light after he told the cop he played for the Raiders.
According to Fox-Dallas, Bilukidi tweeted: "Ran a red light n got pulled over, cop ask me what I do n I said I'm a Raider, I dodged a 428$ ticket. #BigLeague."
In 2010, Ravens running back Ray Rice boasted via Twitter that he dodged a traffic ticket by giving a Baltimore police officer an autograph. As the Baltimore Sun reported, that officer came under fire (although he avoided discipline).
It remains to be seen whether the cop who allegedly let Bilukidi off the hook will be reprimanded. But if he's going to keep his $428 and driver's license, Bilukidi should at least have his Twitter account revoked.
Popular in Sports
- Sergio Garcia apologizes to Tiger Woods for "fried chicken" remark
- ESPN pulls Hank Williams Jr. over Obama remark
- Phelps wins record 19th Olympic medal
- NFL's Top 100 Players of All-Time: Debate
- "Egyptian Popeye" says 31-inch arms all-natural
- Lance Armstrong admits doping to Oprah
- Study: College athletes denied $6.2B over four years
- Home of Nuggets' Andersen searched, items seized