NFL player cuts his famous hair for good cause
Make that two things. The NFL linebacker has chopped off his long blond locks in the name of charity. Hawk cut off his hair this weekend and donated it to Wigs for Kids, an organization that provides wigs for children who have lost their hair while undergoing chemotherapy.
"Today is a special day for me as I've decided to cut off my hair and give it to someone who needs it more than I do," Hawk tweeted. "No child should have to feel ashamed of themselves due to a disease. We are hoping to raise enough money and hair donations to change many lives!"
It will be interesting to see if Hawk (who started growing his long locks to honor the late Pat Tillman) can persuade teammate Clay Matthews and his flowing mane to join the cause.
Popular in Sports
- Iran and U.S. wrestling teams meet in NYC
- Upset at the Preakness Stakes
- Golf champion and CBS analyst Ken Venturi dies
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Indiana Pacers part ways with Larry Bird
- Study: College athletes denied $6.2B over four years
- Kobe Bryant's season over after tearing Achilles
- NFL's Top 100 Players of All-Time: Debate