Bryce Harper homers, blows kiss to pitcher
Tomorrow marks the anniversary of the Washington Nationals taking Bryce Harper as the No. 1 overall pick.
Ever since, the hitting phenom has been crushing minor league pitching (thanks in part to new contact lenses). But, if this video is any indication, he's not only destroying baseballs, he's disrespecting pitchers with the swagger of a major league jerk.
Check out this video above from CSNWashington.com in a game between Harper's Hagerstown Suns and the Greensboro Grasshoppers.
Pitcher Zachary Neal, apparently unamused by Harper's admiring stare and slow trot, glared at him as he went around the bases - then, as the video shows, Harper blew Neal a kiss on his way to home plate. He continued barking at Neal as he made his way toward the dugout.
According to CBSSports.com's C. Trent Rosecrans, Neal wasn't pitching for Greensboro when Harper came up in eighth, but the Grasshoppers were holding a 3-2 lead, so there was no retaliation.
Of course we don't know what Neal said to Harper or if they have a history but the 18-year-old slugger can probably expect to be drilled when the teams meet again. Stay tuned.
Popular in Sports
- Heat avoid elimination, beat Spurs in overtime, 103-100
- Aaron Hernandez questioned in death investigation
- Ex- NFL player with ALS responds after radio hosts fired for mocking him
- Armstrong tweets pic with Tour de France jerseys
- Putin denies stealing Patriots Super Bowl ring
- NASCAR's Jason Leffler killed in dirt car event accident
- Danny Green claims NBA Finals 3-pointer record, MVP next?
- Home of Nuggets' Andersen searched, items seized