UFC star Jon "Bones" Jones takes down robber hours before NJ fight
Fighters have lots of pre-bout rituals to get physically and mentally ready. But Jon "Bones" Jones has taken "pre-fight warm-up" to a new level.
According to TMZ, Jones was meditating at a park in Patterson, N.J. when he heard a woman scream that she had been robbed.
That's when the light heavyweight fighter chased the alleged thief down and pinned him to the ground in a "figure-four leg lock," the celebrity website reports. Cops arrived and cuffed the suspect.
Jones faces light heavyweight champion Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua tonight in Newark in UFC 128.
Jones tells TMZ, "It was a great pre-fight warm-up for me!"
Popular in Sports
- Bay Area hosting 50th Super Bowl
- Upset at the Preakness Stakes
- Study: College athletes denied $6.2B over four years
- Watch: 7-foot-5 teen basketball player dominates
- Golf champion and CBS analyst Ken Venturi dies
- NFL's Top 100 Players of All-Time: Debate
- Female NFL hopeful kicker injured in tryout
- Super Bowl ticket prices: A historical look