Troy Aikman Divorce: Cowboys Star Asks for Privacy After He and Wife Rhonda Separate
(CBS/AP) Troy Aikman, former Dallas Cowboys quarterback and his wife Rhonda have separated.
"This has been a difficult decision for Rhonda and me, but after 10 years of marriage we have decided to separate," Aikman told The Dallas Morning News in a statement.
Local station KDFW reports that Aikman has requested privacy as he and his wife go through the divorce.
Aikman, now a Fox football analyst who is scheduled to be part of the team for the upcoming Superbowl at Cowboys Stadium, married Rhonda in 2000 after getting engaged in 1999.
Rhonda Aikman had a daughter from a previous marriage. The Aikmans have two daughters together.
Aikman led the Cowboys to three Super Bowl victories.
Popular in Sports
- Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield meet again
- Indiana Pacers part ways with Larry Bird
- "Egyptian Popeye" says 31-inch arms all-natural
- Home of Nuggets' Andersen searched, items seized
- March madness? NCAA fights full-court press on player pay
- Watch: 7-foot-5 teen basketball player dominates
- Phelps goes out in style, rallying in 100 fly
- "Blade Runner" dealt stunning loss at Paralympics