Tiger Woods Dropped From Cover of His Own Video Game
Now, Woods won't even be appearing on the cover of the latest version of the video game that bears his name, Reuters reports.
On March 29th, video game giant Electronic Arts will release "Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters" on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii, Reuters reports.
Since 1999, Woods has appeared on the cover of the bestselling golf video game. This year, he's been replaced with the iconic yellow flag from The Masters golf course in Augusta, Ga., according to the report.
All is not lost, however, as Woods will appear on the PlayStation 3 Collector's Edition of the game, which will cost $10 more and include five additional courses, the news agency states.
According to videogame analyst David Cole of DFC Intelligence, sales of "Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11" were down 50 percent to 60 percent on a worldwide basis from 2009, Reuters reports.
Traditionally, Woods goes on a major media blitz to promote the game, but he won't for the latest release.
Analysts say not too much should be read into the video game's cover change, but acknowledged the whole golfing world is suffering financially from Woods' downfall.
Popular in Sports
- Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield meet again
- Indiana Pacers part ways with Larry Bird
- Watch: 7-foot-5 teen basketball player dominates
- Home of Nuggets' Andersen searched, items seized
- "Egyptian Popeye" says 31-inch arms all-natural
- Golf champion and CBS analyst Ken Venturi dies
- U.S. sprinter goes from gang life to London Games
- NFL's Top 100 Players of All-Time: Debate