Whitney Houston in TV special: Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson, Usher to pay tribute
(CBS News) Grammy winners Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson and Usher have been announced as performers for the hour-long TV special that will pay tribute to the late Whitney Houston.
"We Will Always Love You: A Grammy Salute To Whitney Houston" will feature interviews and performances from various artists and will include Houston's "most memorable performances."
The show tapes on Oct. 11 at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live. It will air on Nov. 16 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.
More performers are said to be announced. Tickets to the general public go on sale Thursday.
Houston, who won six Grammys and two Emmys, died at age 48 in February, due to an accidental drowning, authorities say.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Webby Awards 2013 18 Photos