Kerri Walsh Jennings is pregnant for a third time
(CBS News) Olympian Kerri Walsh Jennings is pregnant for a third time.
The 34-year-old beach volleyball player revealed Monday on NBC's "Today" that she and her husband Casey Jennings are expecting a baby in April, which means she was pregnant while competing at the Summer Games.
"When I was throwing my body around fearlessly, and going for gold for our country, I was pregnant, and today I'm 11 weeks pregnant," Walsh Jennings said.
Jennings said they started trying to get pregnant a month before the Summer Games in London, thinking it would take a little longer to conceive.
While competing at the Olympics, Walsh Jennings said she started feeling "moody and touchy."
"You're probably pregnant," fellow beach volleyball player, Misty May-Treanor, told her. And apparently she was.
"I thought it could have been the stress of the games and travel kind of throws your schedule off, but I knew," Walsh Jennings told co-host Matt Lauer. "At some point, you're late and then you start feeling something. And I definitely started feeling something in London."
Walsh Jennings and her husband are already parents to Sundance, 2, and Joseph, 3.
Kerri Walsh Jennings
As for beach volleyball, Walsh Jennings has big plans for the Rio Games in 2016. "I want it," she said about taking home a fourth gold medal. "I feel like I have so much more to learn, so much more to accomplish. I'm planning on coming back stronger and smarter."
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy
- Brad Pitt: "I've haven't known life to be any happier"