Emmys 2012: Jimmy Kimmel prank makes Tracy Morgan "pass out" on Emmy stage
Mid-way through the show, the first-time host asked viewers tuning into the ceremony to get in on the joke by pulling a prank on non-viewers in an effort to see how quickly the rumor would spread and attract additional viewers.Pictures: Emmy red carpet 2012
Pictures: Show highlights
Pictures: Emmy press room 2012
Complete Coverage: 2012 Emmy Awards
After asking actor Tracy Morgan to join him on stage, Kimmel told viewers to tweet: "Tracy Morgan just passed out on stage the Emmys. Turn ABC on now."
Then he instructed Morgan to lie down on stage.
"Just lie there for about 10 minutes or so. And when people tune in they will see this on the stage," Kimmel said as Morgan got in position.
Morgan followed instructions, and 10 or so minutes later, he was still there. When the Emmys returned from a commercial break, Kimmel said that everything was alright and that Morgan was OK; it was "just exhaustion."
So did anyone fall for it? A quick search on Twitter turned up thousands of tweets involving Kimmel's prank.
Tell us: What do you think about Kimmel's joke?
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 128 Comments
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy