Emmy Awards: Stars heat up a sweaty red carpet
They arrived under warm skies for an Emmy Awards ceremony in which records could be set.Pictures: Emmy red carpet 2012
Pictures: Emmy show highlights 2012
Pictures: Emmy press room 2012
Complete Coverage: 2012 Emmy Awards
With temperatures topping 90 degrees on the Emmy red carpet, the stars were doing everything they could not to let you see them sweat.
"Dancing with the Stars" host Tom Bergeron sucked down a bottle of water as he walked the carpet. Others clutched hand fans and discreetly dabbed their brows as they made their way into the Nokia Theater.
Ashley Judd of "Missing" went a different route, toting an umbrella as she sashayed between interviews.
Emmy red carpet 2012
"It's so warm I thought a nice flannel tux would be appropriate," Jesse Tyler Ferguson of "Modern Family" joked.
Of the heat, Amy Poehler said: "It's all the star power."
"Two and Half Men" star Jon Cryer was also trying to stay cool and said he was thankful his suit was light.
Popular in Entertainment
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 354 Comments
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- Nigella Lawson's husband cautioned by cops over assault
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby