"Hitchcock" film gets November release date
(CBS News) Fox Searchlight announced Thursday that its film about Alfred Hitchcock will arrive in theaters on Nov. 23, putting it in contention for this year's Oscar race.
"Hitchcock" stars Anthony Hopkins as the legendary director, and takes place during the making of "Psycho."
"Hitchcock" features a cast that also includes Helen Mirren, Scarlett Johansson, Danny Huston and Toni Collette.
According to the studio, the film is a love story about Hitchcock's relationship with his wife, Alma Reville, during the making of the 1960 horror classic.
Hopkins' Hitchcock portrayal isn't the only one viewers can see this fall - HBO's film "The Girl," which stars Toby Jones as the famed director, will debut on Oct. 20. The TV movie focuses on Hitchcock's obsessive relationship with actress Tippi Hedren (Sienna Miller), who appeared in "The Birds" and "Marnie."
Tell us: What do you think of Hopkins as Hitchcock?
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"