"General Hospital" star John Ingle dies at 84
Ingle took over the role as the ruthless patriarch in the daytime drama in 1993 and made his final appearance in an episode airing last week. He died Sunday.
Frank Valenti, "General Hospital" executive producer, tweeted: "With great sadness, I share the news of John Ingle's passing. We love him and will miss him. John will always be a part of the #GH family."
In a career spanning more than 30 years he had acting credits in TV shows including "Days of Our Lives," "Big Love" and `"The Drew Carey Show" and in films such as "Batman and Robin" and "Heathers."
The native of Tulsa, Okla., was a graduate of Occidental College. He taught at Hollywood High School, UCLA and Beverly Hills High School.
His wife of 57 years, Grace-Lynne Martin, died in February. He is survived by their five daughters.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 129 Comments
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced