"Glee" premieres in top ratings spot
The season four premiere of Fox's "Glee," which featured guest stars Kate Hudson and Whoopi Goldberg, scored the highest ratings Thursday night, thanks to a little push from lead-in show, "The X Factor."
According to The Hollywood Reporter, "Glee" was down 18 percent from its 2011 premiere, but is still had a 3.3. rating among adults 18-49. That's higher than the season three average of 2.7 and the finale's 2.9 adult rating.
Between "Glee" and the second "X Factor" episode, which took second place, Fox snagged the highest ratings of the night (3.2 rating among adults 18-49 and an average 8.2 million viewers, according to THR).
NBC snagged second place in ratings with 2.0; it had the highest numbers in total viewers with 9 million. The network, with its season finale of "America's Got Talent," faced some competition from "The X Factor," which features new buzzed-about judges Britney Spears and Demi Lovato.
CBS came in third in ratings, followed by Univision and ABC.
Popular in Entertainment
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards