Michael Madsen arrested on suspicion of DUI
It was the second arrest in six months for the "Reservoir Dogs" actor.
Madsen, 54, was pulled over for driving erratically in a red Pontiac GTO shortly before 3 p.m. Los Angeles County Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said.
In a preliminary test Madsen had a blood alcohol level of .21, more than twice the legal limit of .08, Whitmore said.
Attorney Perry Wander told TMZ that Madsen insists it's all a misunderstanding and "believes that the breathalyzer test is flawed."
While he was being booked, Madsen complained of a medical problem and was taken to a hospital, where doctors said he should spend the night. Deputies then cited and released him.
Whitmore said privacy laws prevent him from describing the medical problem.
Madsen is best known for playing killers in the Quentin Tarantino films "Reservoir Dogs" and "Kill Bill" parts 1 and 2, and also appeared in the family-friendly whale pic "Free Willy." According to IMDB, Madsen has several movies coming up, including "The Ninth Cloud" and "The Witching Hour."
In March, Madsen was arrested at his Malibu home after what detectives said was a drunken fight with his teenage son, but prosecutors declined to file charges because of a lack of evidence.
Popular in Entertainment
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 349 Comments
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- "Bachelorette": Desiree lets two lukewarm lovers go
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby