NBC's "Today" skips 9/11 moment of silence for Kris Jenner interview
(CBS News) NBC is facing criticism after it chose to air an interview with Kris Jenner on Tuesday instead of the moment of silence marking the 11th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
While CBS News' "CBS This Morning," ABC's "Good Morning America" and cable networks carried live coverage of the moment, NBC's "Today" show opted to feature Jenner, who spoke about the new season of "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" and her breast implants, TVNewser notes.
According to TVNewser, the moment of silence was shown in New York on NBC's local affiliate. WNBC broke into "Today" to broadcast its own coverage.
"Today" spokeswoman Megan Koph told CBSNews.com, "The 'Today' show dedicated a considerable amount of time to September 11th coverage this morning throughout the entire show."
Popular in Entertainment
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 110 Comments
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil
- Toby Keith: Moore, Oklahoma "will persevere"