Katie Holmes named spokeswoman for Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
(CBS/AP) Bobbi Brown Cosmetics has chosen Katie Holmes to be its first celebrity spokeswoman.
The 33-year-old actress will appear in spring 2013 print ads and displays. Bobbi Brown will also be the lead makeup artist at the Spring/Summer 2013 fashion show for Holmes' clothing line, Holmes & Yang, during New York Fashion Week.
Brown told WWD that the deal came together about eight weeks ago, after she was introduced to Holmes by a mutual friend.
"We had tea in the afternoon, and we bonded," Brown recalled. "And then it was, 'Oh, my God, you would be the perfect face for Bobbi.' We weren't looking for a celebrity, just a cool, amazing woman who would fit with our brand. And she's just ridiculously naturally beautiful."
Holmes is also returning to Broadway this fall in Theresa Rebeck's five-character play "Dead Accounts," and recently shot an adaptation of Chekhov's "The Seagull."
Her divorce from actor Tom Cruise was finalized on Aug. 21. The two have a 6-year-old daughter, Suri.
Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, created by makeup artist Bobbi Brown in 1991, offers makeup, skin-care products, perfume and accessories in 60 countries and is owned by Estee Lauder Companies, Inc.
Popular in Entertainment
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 109 Comments
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil
- Toby Keith: Moore, Oklahoma "will persevere"