Duchess Kate presents gold medal at Paralympics
(CBS News) Kate, Duchess of Cambridge awarded British discus thrower Aled Davies his gold medal on Sunday at the Paralympic Games.
The 21-year-old gold medalist tweeted about his encounter with the duchess.
Kate, who is an ambassador for Team Great Britian at the 2012 Paralympic Games, has been attending various events and cheering on her country at the Games.
After the Paralympics she and Prince William will tour the South Pacific as part of Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
The couple will head to Singapore on Sept. 11.
Popular in Entertainment
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 349 Comments
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- "Bachelorette": Desiree lets two lukewarm lovers go
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby