Run DMC reunite for Made In America festival
(CBS/AP) Run DMC performed for the first time in over ten years on Sunday at Jay-Z's Made In America festival.
The Queens, N.Y. natives rocked out in front of tens of thousands of fans at the festival in Philadelphia, performing under a video banner that read "Jam Master Jay Forever."
The 40-minute set included "It's Tricky" to a sea of flailing arms, Run putting on Adidas for "My Adidas," and a rocking version of "Walk This Way." Perhaps the most poignant moment came when Run talked about the group's breakup following the death of Jam Master Jay.
"After his assassination ... We put a silence on the group," Run said.
Jam Master Jay, Run DMC's longtime DJ, was fatally shot in 2002.
Run introduced Jay's sons T.J. and Jam Master J'Son, to the crowd and the two DJ-ed in his honor.
Popular in Entertainment
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"