Run DMC reunite for Made In America festival
(CBS/AP) Run DMC performed for the first time in over ten years on Sunday at Jay-Z's Made In America festival.
The Queens, N.Y. natives rocked out in front of tens of thousands of fans at the festival in Philadelphia, performing under a video banner that read "Jam Master Jay Forever."
The 40-minute set included "It's Tricky" to a sea of flailing arms, Run putting on Adidas for "My Adidas," and a rocking version of "Walk This Way." Perhaps the most poignant moment came when Run talked about the group's breakup following the death of Jam Master Jay.
"After his assassination ... We put a silence on the group," Run said.
Jam Master Jay, Run DMC's longtime DJ, was fatally shot in 2002.
Run introduced Jay's sons T.J. and Jam Master J'Son, to the crowd and the two DJ-ed in his honor.
Popular in Entertainment
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 100 Comments
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- "Star Wars" animated series coming 2014