Sofia Vergara confirms engagement
(CBS News) Sofia Vergara has finally confirmed her engagement to businessman boyfriend Nick Loeb.
The "Modern Family" star said in an interview with Celebuzz that she hasn't started planning her wedding.
"I haven't started planning anything because everything has been very recent," the actress explained. "I just planned a very big birthday - my 40th birthday in Mexico."
It was at this birthday celebration that Loeb proposed to Vergara. The 36-year-old Loeb reportedly popped the question while the actress and her family and friends were sightseeing at the Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza.
She told Celebuzz she is still is unsure of when the wedding will be.
"I am kind of, you know, working a lot - I just started the 'Modern Family' season - so I don't know yet [when I will get married]. No plans."
Vergara was previously married to her childhood sweetheart Joe Gonzalez. They split in 1993 and have a 20-year-old son, Manolo.
She said at a recent promotional appearance for Diet Pepsi that she could see herself having another child.
"I't something that mayb...one day I'll do again. I wouldn't mind," the Emmy-nominated actress said, according to the site.
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 46 Photos
- Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Music Awards
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner