"So You Think You Can Dance" down to the Top 6
(CBS News) Two more dancers were sent packing Wednesday night on "So You Think You Can Dance," meaning six hopefuls remain.
The Top 8 danced twice during the episode - in solos, and in choreographed routines with all-star partners that included last year's "SYTYCD" winner, Melanie Moore.
Nigel Lythgoe and Mary Murphy sat at the judges' table, as per usual, and were joined by "Modern Family" star Jesse Tyler Ferguson.
Ultimately, the bottom four dancers, based on votes cast after last week's routines, were: Lindsay, Witney, Will and Cole.
The judges have saved Witney multiple times this season, and they did it again on Wednesday, keeping her in the competition while Lindsay was sent home. As for the boys, Cole will continue on in the competition, and Will was sent home.
Of course, this isn't a permanent goodbye for the departing dancers - all of the Top 10 will be featured on the "So You Think You Can Dance" tour.
The six remaining dancers (Witney, Cole, Eliana, Cyrus, Tiffany and Chehon) are all vying for two winning spots this year, as one guy and one girl will be crowned "America's Favorite Dancers."
Tell us: Did the judges sent the right dancers home?
"So You Think You Can Dance" Season 9
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 46 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Music Awards
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner