"The Amazing Race": New cast includes goat farmers, Chippendales and a heavy-metal rocker
(CBS News) The 11 teams competing on the 21st season of "The Amazing Race" have been announced - and the stakes have been raised for winning the race around the world.
Here's the new twist: If the team that wins the first leg of the race and goes on to win the final leg of the race, that team will double their winnings and go home with $2 million, instead of the standard $1 million prize.
This season's cast includes heavy metal rocker James LoMenzo (former member of the bands White Lion and Megadeth), a double-amputee professional snowboarder, a pair of Chippendales dancers and goat farmers Josh Kilmer-Purcell and Brent Ridge of "The Fabulous Beekman Boys."
Teams will travel through three continents, nine countries and cover more than 25,000 miles, CBS announced Wednesday. Challenges they'll face include rappelling down a 10-story building in Los Angeles, frying an egg on their heads in Indonesia and working as "rat collectors" in Bangladesh. Teams will also face one of the game's "most infamous Roadblocks" in the Netherlands in this season's "Switchback," the network added.
"The Amazing Race" premieres on Sept. 30 at 8 p.m. ET on CBS. Phil Keoghan returns as host.
Click through the gallery below to learn more about the 11 teams, and share your thoughts on the new season in the comments.
"The Amazing Race" 21
Popular in Entertainment
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 110 Comments
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil
- First look: Jennifer Lawrence in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"