Oprah Winfrey tops Forbes' highest-paid celebrity list for fourth year in a row
(CBS News) Oprah Winfrey leads Forbes' list of highest-paid celebrities for the fourth consecutive year, with an estimated $165 million earned between May 2011 and May 2012.
Although she wrapped her long-running talk show in 2011, Winfrey, 58, continues to rake in big bucks thanks to her magazine, satellite radio show and her cable network OWN - not to mention her involvement with "Dr. Phil," "Rachael Ray Show" and "The Dr. Oz Show."
Filmmaker Michael Bay landed in second place on Forbes' list with an estimated $160 million during the same period based on earnings from "Transformers: Dark of the Moon," which grossed more than $1.1 billion worldwide.
In third place was director Steven Speilberg with an estimated $130 million. Not only was he behind four new TV series, but Speilberg also released the films "The Adventures of Tintin" and "War Horse" in 2011.
Closing out the top five were filmmaker Jerry Bruckheimer with an estimated $115 million and rapper/producer Dr. Dre with $110 million.
Also making Forbes' top 10 were Tyler Perry, Howard Stern, James Patterson, Simon Cowell and George Lucas.
Forbes determines the highest-paid celebrities based on upfront pay, profit participation, residuals, endorsements and advertising work. The magazine's editors talk with managers, agents and lawyers to gather estimates.
Check out the complete list here.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 75 Comments
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Listen: John Mayer's new single "Paper Doll"
- "Bachelorette": Desiree lets two lukewarm lovers go
- Johnny Depp on "unpleasant" split with Vanessa Paradis
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby
- "The Voice": Top three sing for the win