Tony Scott's family to create scholarship in director's name
His family announced the scholarship news Monday, following Friday's private funeral.Pictures: Tony Scott: 1944-2012
Pictures: The films of Tony Scott
The 68-year-old "Top Gun" director has been cremated, and his widow will keep his remains at their Los Angeles-area home. In addition to the private, family-only ceremony, the family said in a statement they will announce plans to celebrate his life and work with a greater audience after Labor Day.
The information is included on Scott's death certificate, which was released Monday.The document doesn't include a formal determination of Scott's cause of death. Coroner's officials expect it will take several weeks to finalize their investigation, but they are treating his case as a probable suicide.
The "Top Gun" director jumped from a bridge into Los Angeles Harbor on Aug. 19. Family and close friends gathered over the weekend to honor the British-born director at a private memorial.
The last film Scott directed was 2010's "Unstoppable."
The films of Tony Scott
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers