Rosie O'Donnell marries Michelle Rounds in private ceremony
The pair were originally supposed to tie the knot in August but decided to exchange vows in a private ceremony in June after Rounds was diagnosed with desmoid tumors, a rare condition that affects between 2 and 4 out of every 1 million people. The couple, who got engaged last December, wed in a private ceremony before Rounds underwent surgery earlier this summer.
"We were to wed 10 days ago but her illness forced us to postpone the wedding, luckily, as i was in ICU that day, when it rains ... things grow like love and flowers, humans too," O'Donnell wrote on Monday.
O'Donnell and Rounds, a 40-year-old headhunter for an information technology company, plan to have another ceremony with family and friends in the future.
"When we r both well enough will have the wedding of r dreams surrounded by those we cherish," O'Donnell, 50, wrote.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Runaway mom tells Dr. Phil: "They're better off without me"
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance