Tony Scott laid to rest at private funeral
(CBS News) A private funeral was held for Tony Scott in Los Angeles on Friday, five days after the "Top Gun" director jumped off of the Vincent Thomas Bridge in an apparent suicide.
Several friends and family attended the service, including Scott's older brother, "Prometheus" director Ridley Scott, according to TMZ.
In addition to the private, family-only ceremony, the family said in a statement to Deadline that they will announce plans to celebrate his life and work with a greater audience after Labor Day.
The 68-year-old died on Aug. 19 after leaping from the Vincent Thomas Bridge into Los Angeles Harbor. An autopsy was performed on the British-born director's body last week, but it will be a month or more before an official cause of death is determined.
Coroner's officials are treating his death as a probable suicide.
Tony Scott: 1944-2012
Popular in Entertainment
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- James Gandolfini: 1961-2013 21 Photos
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Stars pay tribute to James Gandolfini
- Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- James Franco blasts "Spider-Man" reboot
- This Is James Gandolfini, He's Not Tony