Duran Duran cancels shows as Nick Rhodes recovers from illness
The chart-topping 1980s English band has been on the road for nearly two straight years in support of their new album "All You Need Is Now," and the pace has taken its toll on Rhodes.
The casino, Atlantic City's newest, said Rhodes has been sick for a few says and saw a doctor Saturday who advised him not to perform Saturday night. In a news release, Rhodes said doctors told him he could be suffering from exhaustion. But the next day, a statement revealed Rhodes was "experiencing an array of symptoms that doctors now believe could be the result of a viral infection."
"I have struggled through the last few nights, hoping that I could simply work through this," Rhodes said about the Saturday show.
On Sunday, he updated fans again on Duran Duran's website: "I was hoping that after missing last night's show, I would be feeling up to traveling and performing today, but having seen the doctor again first thing this morning, I have been told that I need to continue to rest, pending further tests tomorrow. I feel completely helpless over the situation and all I can do is apologize to our fans - who I hope know that we would never let them down unless it was totally unavoidable. This is the final leg of our world tour - and I can't tell you how disappointed I am with this outcome."
Duran Duran is considering rescheduling the shows within the next few days.
Popular in Entertainment
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- "The Voice": Top three sing for the win
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby