Usher wins custody battle against ex-wife Tameka Foster
(CBS/AP) ATLANTA - R&B singer Usher has been awarded custody of his two sons, ending a long legal fight with his ex-wife, Tameka Foster.
A person with knowledge of the decision said a judge ruled Friday that the 33-year-old Grammy winner will have primary custody of Usher Raymond V, 4, and Naviyd Ely Raymond, 3. The person was not authorized to release the information and spoke on condition of anonymity.
Usher, whose real name is Usher Raymond IV, married Foster in 2007. They divorced two years later. She fought for full custody of their sons while Usher initially asked for more visitation rights.
Usher testified in May that his ex-wife spit at and tried to fight his girlfriend during one visit and alleged that his ex-wife hit him during the dispute.
TMZ reports that Foster will still retain some custodial rights, but the extent to which she will be able to see the two boys is unclear.
Foster's 11-year-old son from a previous marriage, Kile Glover, died this summer, two weeks after being fatally injured in a boating accident on a Georgia lake.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?