Robert Pattinson jokes: I'm homeless and living in a trash can
(CBS News) Robert Pattinson showed his lighter side on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" Wednesday night, joking about his current living situation.
"Last time you were here, I think you were homeless, right?" Kimmel asked the 26-year-old actor.
"Still am," responded Pattinson.
When Kimmel asked whether he was living in hotels, the actor quipped, "I rented this archway, and I just live behind it. In one of those big trash cans."
Pattinson appeared to be making light of his highly publicized split from "Twilight" co-star Kristen Stewart with whom he used to share a home in Los Angeles.
Last month, Stewart apologized for her indiscretion after a tabloid printed photos of Stewart engaged in what looked like an affair with married "Snow White and The Huntsman" director Rupert Sanders.
Pattinson reportedly moved out of their home and has remained out of the public eye until he was forced back into the spotlight to do press for his new film "Cosmopolis."
The actor has appeared on "The Daily Show," "Good Morning America" and "Jimmy Kimmel" recently.
Check out his interview with Kimmel below.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 105 Comments
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments
- First look: Jennifer Lawrence in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"