Gabby Douglas goes glam in magazine photo shoot
Now the 16-year-old star goes full-on glam for the October and November issues of Essence, sporting a gold and black dress with matching high heels.
Douglas also swapped her ponytail for long wavy locks, courtesy of celebrity stylist Ted Gibson, who told Essence that doing Douglas' hair was one of the highlights of his career. "Seeing her sparkle, seeing her touch her hair, seeing her smile," he says was his favorite part of the photo shoot.
Douglas apparently liked the result:
During the London Games, Douglas faced criticism across social media sites over her pulled-back 'do - the result of gel, hair clips and a ponytail holder.
Earlier this month, the U.S gymnast, who won gold in the all-around competition, said, "I don't know where this is coming from. What's wrong with my hair? I'm like, 'I just made history and people are focused on my hair?' It can be bald or short, it doesn't matter about (my) hair."
Douglas has more star-studded appearances coming up, including an interview on "Oprah's Next Chapter" this Sunday on OWN and an appearance at the MTV Video Music Awards on Sept. 6, along with the rest of the U.S. Women's Gymnastics team, also know as the Fierce Five.
See a video clip of Douglas' photo shoot here.
Tell us: What do you think about Douglas' new look?
Gold medal winner Gabby Douglas
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Seyfried talks filming Seth MacFarlane's new Western Play Video