Lauryn Hill now faces state tax charges in N.J.
(CBS News) Lauryn Hill, who pleaded guilty in June to failing to pay federal taxes on the money she earned from 2005 to 2007, is now facing charges for failing to pay taxes in her home state of New Jersey, according to a report.
According to TMZ, the singer is responsible for $446,386 in unpaid taxes to the state of New Jersey. A civil judgment was filed against Hill on June 14 by a New Jersey court.
In early June, the five-time Grammy winner was charged with failing to file income tax returns on over $1.6 million dollars she earned during three years. Hill pleaded guilty at the end of June in U.S. District Court in Newark, N.J. She faces a maximum one-year sentence on each count.
Sentencing in her federal tax case is scheduled for November.
Stars with tax problems
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers