Prince William and Kate to go to Singapore for Jubilee tour
(CBS News) Prince William and Duchess Kate will be ambassadors again next month for Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee tour. This time, the royal couple will head out to Singapore.
Last summer just months after their wedding, the pair took a trip to North America on behalf of the Queen and now in September they will head to Singapore then to Malaysia, the Solomon Islands and Tuvalu.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will touch down in Singapore on Sept. 11, according to St. James's Palace. They will head back to England on Sept. 19 from the small nation of Tuvalu.
Specific details of the royal couple's trip will be released as the trip nears.
The prince's brother, Prince Harry, represented the queen on a jubilee tour to Jamaica and other Caribbean nations in January.
Prince William and Kate
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Obama to host concert honoring Carole King
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Runaway mom tells Dr. Phil: "They're better off without me"