Amanda Bynes being investigated for traffic accident
(CBS/AP) Los Angeles police are investigating a minor traffic accident involving Amanda Bynes earlier this month, after a person reported the actress left without providing her information.
Police Lt. Andy Neiman said Sunday that Bynes stopped after the accident and looked at the other vehicle and determined there wasn't any damage. Police said the 26-year-old actress drove away without giving her information, which is required by law.
Neiman said police will turn over the case over to the city attorney's office for review.
No one was injured and the damage to the other person's vehicle in the Aug. 4 incident was more than $800.
Bynes has pleaded not guilty to a driving under the influence charge after she was arrested in April for grazing a sheriff's patrol car.
She rose to fame on the Nickelodeon series "All That" and went on to star in films including "Hairspray" and "Easy A."
Celebrity mug shots
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "Terminator 2" star Edward Furlong arrested